One of my writing friends achieved a milestone with her blog today – she published her 100th post. (Woot!) To celebrate her accomplishment, she decided to celebrate herself – and she loudly and proudly wrote 10 things she likes about herself. Then, to keep the good times rolling, she asked her readers who have blogs if they would play along and participate in the activity as well. So, in honor of Miss Jennie’s big day, here are 10 things I like about my own self:
- I try my best and give my all – no matter how “unimportant” the task at hand may be.
- I notice little moments, and I take the time and make the effort to share them, so that other people might enjoy them as well.
- I support other people whenever and however I can.
- I volunteer, simply because I believe it’s the “right” thing to do in life.
- I’m a fantastic listener.
- I’m always on the lookout for things to learn.
- I’m brave. (#11, 16, 69…)
- I’m action-oriented. Even (especially?) when things might be uncomfortable, I suck it up and go for it anyway.
- I love. Even when it’s risky to do so, I can’t help myself. I love.
- I can write this list with ease. Up until a few years ago I would have struggled with this task; today, I banged it out in just 10 minutes. I’m proud of how much I’ve grown. :)
Jennie, thank you for being a force for good in the world. I’m more than happy to play along with you.
Friend, readers, Romans – lend me your likes. :) What do you like about YOU? Share a comment – or write a whole post about it. If you decide to publish a little somethin’-somethin’, I’ll link to it below. (And I bet Jennie might just do the same, too.)