I woke this morning to find an item waiting for me on the sofa, left by my sweetie:
An hour later, I opened a new container of yogurt, and found a different (but similar) surprise:
These items made me smile for several different reasons:
- My sweetie thought of me, and left an item for me he knew I would appreciate. (I always smile when anyone makes an effort to do something thoughtful for me.)
- These are quick-and-easy “no cost” ways ordinary people can do good in the world; and if people do good in this manner, maybe they will be more inclined to do good in other ways, too.
- Groups that do have large amounts of cash (and power) are facilitating positive, helpful acts in the world. If more big businesses did “smaller” things like this, what an impact!
- These marketing tools (‘cause let’s face it, ultimately that’s what these things are) are clever and unexpected; generally I’m delighted by surprises and innovative thinking.
- Helping people always feels good to me, and is a wonderful way for me to start any day.