Today was a gratitude kind of day. It was a more mild gratitude day than I’ve experienced in the past (today was a lower-level, just-need-an-attitude-tweak kind of a day), but it was a gratitude day nonetheless. So, here’s my list of gratitudes for today:
- I am healthy, as are most of my family and friends
- I have a husband that loves me and does nice things for me
- I have friends all around me (in person, online, at work, in leisure…)
- I have a reliable car that safely takes me where I need to go
- I can afford the gas to put into my car, even at these unreasonably high prices
- I have a job that pays me well and treats me well
- I have a part-time work schedule that allows me to pursue interests in addition to fulfilling obligations
- I have many delightful modern conveniences all around me (dishwasher, computers, cell phone, treadmill, DVR/TiVo…)
- I can express myself clearly, articulately, quickly, and in ways other people understand – I can connect with fellow humans and get my thoughts, feelings, “voice” heard
- I can read, research, explore, synthesize, remember – I can learn; and in learning, I can change.
Yeah, I’m pretty lucky.