Today I had the genuine blessing of feeling the deep vibrancy of my amazingly wonderful life. In the span of a mere 12 hours, I got to experience:
- being genuinely, authentically seen by others
- being valued and respected
- being liked and appreciated
- being welcomed
- being fondly remembered
- working with truly smart and considerate people
- working in a job that stretches me
- working in a job I feel competent in and skilled at
- working in a job I enjoy
- having other people share small segments of their truly incredible life stories with me…
Not to mention living in a warm, clean home; complete with a refrigerator full of food and a soft bed and electronics galore; attached to a garage that houses multiple cars (and a lawn mower, snow blower, bicycle, tool bench…); occupied by a man I love and who loves me right back; located in a safe and friendly neighborhood; located in a country where I experience more freedom than much of the world dare not even dream of….
I am in the 1% of people in the world who are not wanting for anything; indeed, I have so much more than I could ever hope for. The sheer power of this awareness is truly almost too much to contain; my heart and my mind both feel like if one more blessing were added to the mix, I really don’t know how I would be able to process it all. I dare not ask how I ever became so fortunate, so lucky; instead, I just humbly whisper: “thank you”.