Over the past few days three different bloggers have given me different (but similar) awards. If you are a semi-long time reader of this space, you know that a general life rule I follow is “The Rule of Three“. Since three awards have found me from three different sources within three different days, that’s my ‘cue’ to take some action. 🙂 So… I’d like to thank Evalina at Smiles & Happiness for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award, and to Genie at Genie Speaks and the gal at Corporate Skirts for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award. I genuinely appreciate all of your kindness, and love that you all are enjoying my blog!
The rules (guidelines) for each award state that I should share 7 facts about myself, then promote 15 other blogs as a way to “pay it forward”. I have shared links of the bloggers I follow in a previous post, but if you are newer to this blog, here’s a summary of those writers whom I think offer cool, interesting, and kind posts on a regular basis:
- Ruth at Ruth E Hendricks Photography
- Christine at Christine Plus Camera
- Jonathan at What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?
- Judith at A View From the Woods
- Joss at Walking in Beauty
- Carla at One Wild and Precious Life
- Odee at Shutter Slacker
- Greg and Katherine at Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide
(And of course there are hundreds of other bloggers I would love to read every day – but I have to draw the line somewhere. Unfortunately…)
Now for the second half of the award – 7 quick facts about me:
- I love the comic Cul De Sac. (Along with retired classics like The Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes.)
- I volunteered for over a year at a crisis hotline – and heard some pretty crazy calls…
- I didn’t start wearing skirts and dresses until I entered my mid 20s.
- I fired a handgun for the first time when I was 11 or 12 years old. (Gotta love uncles.) 😉
- My casino games of choice are blackjack and craps.
- I wake up at 4 am every day to do yoga and meditate.
- When I was 23 years old I was a suspect in an armed robbery case. (Totally true.) It’s a long story… Ultimately, what you need to know is that it was a case of mistaken identity – I was (and remain) completely innocent. 🙂
With that, I think I have officially fulfilled my responsibilities to this award. 🙂
Thank you again to Evalina, Genie, and Living Voraciously for the accolades, and thank you to everyone who reads what I write. I genuinely appreciate your interest!